Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I'm not complaining...

...it's just odd, that's all. This month of October I mean. If it were a normal October, I'd be waking up to frost on the ground and the temps would be +5 t0 +10C (40-50F) during the day.

We've had nightfrost..once. A month ago.
I wake up to +12C (53F) at 7.30am, it gets up to +15C (60F) every day. For the past three weeks!!! Every night the meteorologist on tv says the same, "Unseasonally warm weather continues".

I do wish we'd have had a few frosts, the leaves would have gotten all their beautiful shades of red, now they're just yellow. And green. LOL!
But I do enjoy not having to dig for gloves and woollen hats.

I can even enjoy my garden. I have flowers that normally would have been killed off by the frost still in full bloom, like this one:


And a few foolish ones who think it's summer again:

So Courtney, no snow here. For a while still by the looks of it!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:00 AM

    I enjoyed your flower pics, as it has frosted here already...and we are now officially 'flowerless.' I usually get a late bloom from my Delphinium as well, but not this year.....
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:02 AM

    duh....her's my registration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:06 AM

    YOUR MAKING ME LONESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures Sus. I hope you get your cool weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:37 PM

    Gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:28 PM

    Our snow is long gone alreadY!!! But what a freak storm eh? Beautiful flower photos!! ENjoy your warmth just a little longer!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)