
I'm planning our dollhouse shopping center, one of the shops will be a seamstress's (are there really that many s's..lol). So naturally there needs to be a dress in the works. I found patterns fot this wedding gown online, dug out some fabric scraps and went to work.
The conclusion? I have way too big fingers to sew in miniature! That stand is just 14cm/5½" tall. Came out pretty though, if you don't look at the stitches too closely...
And yes, there's a petticoat under there... groan.
------------------------------------------------------
Life goes on.
I think the good thing in all this is that my mom's death didn't come from behind a tree as the saying here goes. I had wrapped my head around it all in plenty of time. Living right next door, I knew just where we went.
The funeral is set for a week from today, the 16th.
There is still so much to do. Meeting the priest, the company handling the funeral, flowers.. hoping people RSVP in time, so we know how many are coming (the number is at 43 now).
And I won't even talk about the paper bureaucracy... if that doesn't give you grey hair, I don't know what does.
We spent 6 days going through the house. There is still so much to do, but we've taken most of the week off and head back into the dust tomorrow.
Going to pick up the mail each day has felt so good. All the cards and letters I've been getting... I'm surrounded by so much love.
Thank You.
------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday I finished a few of my famous "almost done" projects.
My new cute headgear:
Should keep my brain from freezing. The flower was actually made by my grandmother decades ago.
And this little purse that will end up in my Etsy shop later today:
You might remember seeing it in pink/orange too.
I still have enough of the blue and pink/orange yarns to make more if needed ;o)
------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of Etsy...
I sold my first items today!!!
Yippeee!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------
Hey, it's Friday.
I'm thinking pizza and red wine tonight.
Amd a roaring fire, since it is still COLD.
How about you?
Osanottoni! Itse saman prosessin viime kesänä läpikäyneenä toivotan voimia Sinulle! Ihanaa, että surun keskellä jaksat tehdä käsilläsi näitä upeita töitä. Askartelu on parasta terapiaa!
ReplyDeleteKiva nähdä sinut "on line" jälleen:)
ReplyDeletea miniature wedding dress!? i don't think i could sew something so tiny either.
ReplyDeletegood luck getting everything ready for your mom's funeral. again susanna, i am so sorry that she has gone.