Monday, September 21, 2009

What to do with all those odd Barbie shoes...

I'm working on some small projects to spruce up our Afternoon Club room.
One of them is this mirror we bought from IKEA.
I mixed kiwi green and lime green paints to get just the shade I wanted.

One that looks nice with our rugs :)
And of course I might be just atd partial to green in general...
When unpacking and organizing all our toys in August, I set aside all the odd Barbie/Bratz/Action Man shoes, some game pieces and some odds and ends.
I got those out and plugged in the glue gun and went to work.

The kids are loving it.
Now if I'd only get the school handyman to come down and make some holes in the brick wall so we could hang it up!
That and the clock too... sigh...

I also wanted to show you my little (ever growing) art wall that gives me peace of mind during the afternoon hours. I've printed them out and laminated (my favorite machine EVER!) them.

Most of these are great free art downloads from Feed Your Soul.
I recommend a look-see over there. :)

1 comment:

  1. that is some great art... yours AND the free downloads. :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)