Friday, April 29, 2011

Yes, I watched :)



Parts of it. At work.


With a bunch of 7-8 yr olds...


Here are some highlights:



  • Oooooohhhh.. she's pretty!


  • Why are the little girls there?


  • Whose the prince?


  • ..oh..really? That's him?


  • So then whose the queen?


  • She doesn't have a crown.. (sounding disappointed)


  • She's his grandma?!!


  • Why is this so long?


  • How come he's a prince?


  • Oh, I'm in a choir too! Why do they have such high collars? Doesn't it tickle? I'd be just jumping up and down scratching..


  • Who's that? (the bishop)


  • Why are they all wearing hats?


  • Where did they go?


  • Is that a hat?? (Princess Eugenie's..umm.. hat.. I think..)


  • So what was your biggest dream as a kid? I want to have an ice cream shop!


  • LOOK! THAT'S THE BRITISH FLAG!


  • Does the queen own all the horses? She must have a big stable..


  • WHAT ARE THOSE???! (the churchbells)


  • COOL.


  • THAT'S BIG BEN! I know that place!


  • ...heheheeee... there's poop on the road... (the sand)


  • Why are the little girls in the horse carriage?


  • Oh there's the crown! (on top of the Queen's carriage)


  • THAT'S BUCKINGHAM PALACE!


  • I saw those soldiers changing guard, they walked like this (marches around the room holding an imaginary rifle)


At this point we turned the wedding off, and a film on for the kids. I was trying to hold back my giggles so badly... Really, they should have every royal wedding commentated by kids.



*grin*



I saw the kiss at home ;)

6 comments:

  1. Kids make everything seem so real - from their point of view there is no grey everything either is or it isn't. Love this post.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enpä katsonut lähetystä, mutta noiden kommenttien perusteella sain jo aika hyvän käsityksen... siinähän ne tuli ne tärkeimmät ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yhdeksänvuotiaan kommentteja:
    - minäkin haluaisin olla tuolla kadulla vilkuttamassa.
    - niitä varmaan väsyttää, kun pitää seisoa noin kauan aikaa.
    - yök, nyt ne pussaa (kädet silmille). ai, noin vähän aikaako ne pussasi..?
    - missäs se prinssi on? (prinssillä oli hevosvaunuissa hattu päässä ja näytti ilmeisesti liikaa sotilaalta.)
    - pääseekö noi lapsetkin tonne linnaan (juhlimaan)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:24 PM

    hih ihania kommentteja! meillä 4v poika kysyi ainoan kysymyksensä: missä se kuningas on? ja eipä kiinnostanut sen enempää. minua kyllä senkin edestä.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lasten pitäisi selostaa myös kaikki jääkiekko-ottelut ja muut urheilutapahtumat! Lasten suustahan se totuus tulee. :D Ihania kommentteja!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Princess Eugenie's hat... hmmm... I remember a beribboned toilet seat-- is that the one you mean?

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)