To celebrate Saara's 16th birthday (on Friday), the girls and I headed out to the amusement park on Saturday. Saara and her friend headed out earlier, but Niina and I arrived for the evening fun, from 6pm to 9pm.
The girls were geared for some fun rides.
I on the other hand came with my camera bag loaded carrying my tripod :)
There is hardly any editing on these pics, most of the effects were achieved by longer exposure and a very cool fish-eye adapter lens on top of my 17-70mm lens. That is what gave some of the photos the dreamy quality.
I've never been one for the rides... but I love the sounds. The whirring and whizzing..screams..motors..
This is Niina's favorite ride: the Dragon.
The bigger girls preferred some of the wilder rides :)
I just enjoy the atmosphere of this old amusent park.
The smell of popcorn and cotton candy in the air..
Niina and I shared this plate.
The sunset cast gorgeous colors..
The reason why I wanted to go in the evening was that I wanted to test out the longer exposure time to get cool light effects.
Like these:
Exposure times ½ second and 1 second.
Here you can clearly see the effect of the fish-eye adapter. Basically I slapped it on and zoomed :)
..instant dreamy..
This one is edited.. I brought out the blue more.
The fountain after dark.
They were playing these late 50's early 60's tunes and Saara was dancing to them..
Reminded me of how my Mom was at this same place in 1959 at the age of 17 dancing at Paul Anka's concert :)













Amazing shots - love the reflection in the puddle.
ReplyDeleteToni xx
Voi, kun olisi parempi kamera, niin saisi noin hienoja kuvia... :)
ReplyDeleteIhania, ihania kuvia!!! Voi kun osaisi itsekin... *huoh*
ReplyDeleteHuiseja kuvia! Ihania!
ReplyDelete