The last weekend of summer holiday we took off for a couple days by the sea.
To Velkua, on the western coast.
We missed the ferry by five minutes, so we spent 30 minutes just enjoying the sun and smelling the sea.
For me it was returning to place I spent time pretty much every summer growing up.
I hadn't been back for 17 years.
The number surprised me.
And yet, it felt as if no time had passed.
Back on the pier with my childhood friend and his family.
We spent quite a bit of time in the water.
Due to the heat wave, the sea water was +26C.
I could think of summers when it had been +19C and we'd thought it was sooo warm.
This?
This was bath water.
*grin*
At first Niina was apprehensive about jumping off this cliff, but pretty soon, that was all she was doing.
Me?
I've jumped off it once in my life.
Quite enough thankyouverymuch.
Splash.
And repeat.
To infinity and beyond!
The only time she did it without holding her nose.
Yeah.
Most of the day was spent in the sea.
After dinner we played Mölkky.
First time for me.
I have no idea how I've managed to avoid it. Or why?
Good fun.
Plus I had first timer's luck that first round.
Then it went all kinds of ugly...
I was told that was because I wasn't holding a glass in my other hand to balance myself.
I'm inclined to agree.
I need to do some serious practice now.
These three got along famously.
The guinea pigs were also a hit with this one.
Sitting on the warm rock looking at this, sipping wine.
Not too shabby.
The next morning while others still slept, I read a while in the morning sun.
It's funny how even after so many years it all felt so familiar.
The scenery, the paths, the rocks.
The cups :)
I have countless memories from here.
I'd much rather sit on these rocks than any beach.
The two cabins are very discreet, not easy to spot in the photos above.
I loved the way the sea air felt in my hair.
The way my curls felt a bit sticky from the water.
How the salt left a white residue on my skin.
How I could taste the salt on my lips.
It won't be another 17 years.
It'll be next summer.
Has to be.
I wrote so in the guest book.






















No comments:
Post a Comment
Oh do tell :)