Wednesday, August 03, 2016

June

June brought midnights like this.

And some rain too.

Polka dotted trees, what's not to love!

I finished the two pairs of wool socks I had been working on.

We picked up frames from Ikea so Niina could put some of her favorite Lego guys on display.

I made many tiny rag rugs from scraps of Marimekko fabrics for the fair in July.

I hosted Andrea and Erin for a few days. 
A tour of Helsinki should always start with champagne at the Ateljee Bar high up.

Lunch by the sea.

I have a bad habit of spoiling strawberries forever for my non-Scandinavian friends... Once you taste these, you will never look at a strawberry quite the same way again.

The allotment started giving yummies.

There were pink peonies..

...and pink skies.

I worked on the book.
As of today I only have four more tutorials to shoot, then the writing commences.

We checked out the new public sauna/bar/restaurant Löyly in town.

I can't wait to see how the wood turns a lovely grey eventually.

Pretty random flowers on electrical boxes.

Yes!
Mother-daughter quality time. 
G&T's and drag queens.

Dusty Blow and Lamey Crackhouse looking glamorous.

The aftermath of dragalicious glitter.

2 comments:

  1. fascinating. Heli sent me a pair of those polka dot socks about ten years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:46 AM

    I think I'll have to visit in June or July. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)