Friday, October 14, 2005

It's official

This has been the warmest October ever recorded in Finland.
And it's also now over, LOL!
Frosty nights in the forecast. Finally.

Can't wait for first snow.

Onto other things...
Meet the newest member of our family, Mr Flatscreen.


It arrived on our doorstep on Tuesday.I really like the way it isn't so dominant as the old huge boxy one. However techgeeky hubby is driving me nuts. "That backlight is really too bright, I'll fix that." "Don't you think the contrast is off a bit?, It'll just take a sec!" "What do you think of the skintones now?"
STOP IT!
The man can tinker the settings all he wants while he watches Alias, but get the he** far away from the remote when I'm trying to watch Everwood!!!!!

Staying on the subject of tv. After a long wait and plenty of raving the first episode of Desperate Housewives aired this week. I understand all the raving now. I'm hooked. The dry black humor is right up my alley. The only thing that bugs me is the really stupid translation...they're calling it Perfect Women in Finnish... Maybe the translator was trying to be sarcastic?

I have quite a few new layouts to show off, I just need to get off my butt, well technically on my butt... and submit them first. I also got a brilliant idea yesterday while I was going through my recipes. I'll be making a filefolder album for my favorite Xmas recipes, the ones I make and bake every year without fail. I'll probably make a few extra ones to give as gifts too for dear friends (hope you get those xmas papers in soon Jill... all I have are the Rhonna Farrer ones from last year!).

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:40 PM

    Congrats! Funny how they like to tinker...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:26 PM

    we got snow before you, neener neener neener! Oh wait, ours doesn't stay ;)

    Enjoy your new beautiful toy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:43 PM

    i give you 5 episodes of DHouswives before it loses it
    i was hooked i lasted 6
    1 down 5 to go.....zoe

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)