Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Freaky scary Tuesday night

Sooo... who wants to hear of Suski's exciting tuesday night ambulance ride?

I've got your attention now, right?

Cause I scared everyone and myself really good.

For the past few days I've been hearing this crunchy sound at the base of my skull whenever I turned my head to the left. Last night after I put the girls to bed, I was sweeping the kitchen floor when I felt this really weird sensation in my head. Like a heat wave starting from the back of my neck and sweeping upwards to the top of my skull. A minute later it felt like ice water was going through there. I felt a bit woozy and lay down on the kitchen floor. Called out for Saara, told her I wasn't feeling too good and to go get grandma (Mika was out to eat with the guys from the firm). My mom takes one look at me and calls 112 (that's our 911). Less than 10 minutes later I have three EMTs in my kitchen, trying to figure out what the hell is wrong, they are puzzled. At this point the shock has set in and I can't stop trembling, truly freaky. Cause I don't freak out or panic. I'm completely coherent and calm, just shaking like a rattle... They ask me it's up to me if I want to ride with them. I tell them I'd rather do that, as I've never felt anything like this before and HEL-LO it's my head here!!!

These EMTs were so sweet, Saara was clearly scared out of her mind and one of the guys took time to chat with her and calm her down. I can't praise these guys enough.
And they were hot too... ;)

I'll tell you this, your mind goes to insane places during an ambulance ride. And all the while your head feels like it's either on fire or iced.

Mika got to the ER a few minutes before me as he was downtown already, so he met up woth me there. Poor man.. I scared him half to death. Haven't seen him that caring in a while so it wasn't all bad.

The doc checks me out and we come to the conclusion that my shoulder and neck muscles are so jammed, completely locked up that it's sending this sensation through the nerves at the base of the neck. They gave me a really strong relaxant, a week's prescription for more (not quite as strong) and I promised to go see my bro's girlfriend, who is a physiotherapist, today so she can help my poor neck.

Today I feel like I've been under one of those asphalt machines, you know the ones that roll it flat? I have a heatpack on my neck and my bro is picking me up a bit past three so Petra can help me. I'm so not driving today.Basically I feel like crap.

But I'm just thankful it was only my poor stressed out muscles. So in retrospect, this whole business of my mom's illness and seeing over two households has been a bit too much.

Oh and Niina? She slept through the entire thing. Gotta give the EMTs credit for knocking instead of ringing the doorbell! :)

Hopefully typing won't be this painful in a couple days.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:01 PM

    Yikes! That IS scary, Suski! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:47 PM

    You mean hot guys with brains???? No way!

    Next time you say, I need some work done, I'm going to bug the heck out of you until you go see Petra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:41 PM

    OMG! So glad it was nothing serious! But how freaking scary!! Enjoy your relaxers... like having a couple margaritas eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:12 PM

    egad! Way to shake up the week!!! that is scary! Glad it turned out to be somewhat minor. take it easy...and relax, would ya!

    Also...i'm insanely jealous that you finished your Christmas journal and that you did it so superbly. I never want to look at mine again. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:25 PM

    Glad that it wasn't anything serious! Take care of yourself, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)