Thursday, April 13, 2006

Hips don't lie *


Something important has happened during the past five years. Barbie and her friends, like Teresa in the photo above, grew hips. HIPS I SAY!

Dude, this is BIG NEWS!

Niina's really gotten into playing with barbies lately. She got two new ones at Christmas and since then we noticed a slight hitch. Well, technically I noticed, as some clothes are harder to get on the dolls and I end up doing the dressing bit. It was impossible to squeeze a new barbie into older clothes. Just not happening. Then I realized that the new skirts were falling off the old barbies. That's when I put the old next to the new and realized the chick not only got breast reduction, but also her lower ribs back. And most importantly, hips. She actually looks like a real woman. Wow.

So we went through the barbie box, chucked old barbies and their clothes in a bag to go to the fleamarket. Then we went shopping. Niina had saved her Christmas and birthday money and picked up one new barbie and a set of clothes.

The girl's got some hip clothes. I'm thinking the Easter Bunny might bring a few more...

*the title is from a new song by Shakira. I happened to see the video the other day and just watched in awe... Now there's a woman who can move her hips! They must build South American women differently... I only wish mine would move that smoothly.

1 comment:

  1. You know what is so funny about this title.......it made me jump. Really! I am sitting here at 5:30 in the morning, can't sleep, already started a roast and did all the dishes, thought I would check out your blog and while waiting to boot I was watching MTV - you guessed it, Shakira was on. While not a fan of her 'music' I was amazed at the way she can move!!!!

    Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)