Sunday, August 13, 2006

Smoke stinks. yuck. Make that YUCK!

Literally.

Why oh why are we having easterly winds?
All frigging week.

To give you an idea-
This morning I went outside to get the newspaper from the mailbox.
Stepped outside, took one breath..
..and had a cough attack that would've made a chainsmoker jealous.
This blue haze of smoke in the air, the smell is something awful.
My eyes were itching from it.

When the wind dies down for the night (seawinds do that) the smoke settles.
I wake up in the night to close the window because it seeps indoors.
Ick ick ick ick ick.

See what I mean?
This is facing the city from the sea, taken this weekend.

And apparently the Russian authorities are in no hurry.
Read more
here.
Hmmpphh.

OK, so while I was trying to find that picture online I came across a few fun pages I thought you guys might enjoy.

Ever wonder what Finnish sounds like?
Want to learn some?
This page claims to teach you some in just three minutes.
With audio examples no less.
Are you game?

And then I found
this page with fun photos from around the town.
Click on each tiny picture for a pop up big version.
And DO read the captions.
My personal favorite (and I so can relate) is the umbrella one.
I got the giggles.

Ooohhh... and major blog comment slacking on my part.
Bad bad me.

Adri: The playmobils are usually just housed in big plastic tubs. Except for the houses, those I store whole on top of the bookshelf. Then when it is time to play, I take those down and haul out the tubs and the girls set up playmobil land.

Nadine: a few crafty blog links. And following all the links from these will send you down a dangerous and neverending blog road to oblivion from the real world.

Believe me on this one.
mollychicken
thimble
tiny happy
wee wonderfuls

Heli: Jesssssssssssssssss! She was the lucky number 10 000!
I need to think up something fun for her. Hmmm.....

Susie: I promised to make a 10 000 hat? Naaahhh... I didn't, did I? Have I mentioned my mind is a sieve. A 37 year old sieve... I won't stand in the way if you want to sew one though heheheeee. I could try making one for my 1st blog anniversary, but I don't really wear hats (unless the Helsinki winter calls for one. If you haven't checked out that umbrella pic yet, now's the time). How about we just play good music and party down on the 23rd?


But now I'll party on down to dreamland.
First day of fifth (YES I SAID FIFTH) grade for Saara tomorrow.
I have to go to the school for Niina's orientation (no kids allowed...they should have just called it PARENTS' orientation day ha!).
So I better go get my beauty sleep.
And maybe just maybe I can dream that the smoke I smell is really the smoky hot George or Johnny. Clooney and Depp that is.
Think that would work?
I girl can hope, yes?
Off to dream.

3 comments:

  1. Okay I tried... alas, En puhu suomea. :)

    I'll make you a hat. But it won't be anything fancy like your purses. We're talking foam and stickers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:20 PM

    Jesssssssssss, Suski! Sulla on tosi upea blogi ja minulla kerrankin hitunen onnea;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:59 PM

    thank you for the links! i've visited all of them before but hadn't been there in a long while. i used to be rather obsessed with crafty blogs back when i was more into sewing than into scrapping.

    and i'm wondering since both your kids have double vowels, how do you say their names? is it just like nina and sara or no?

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)