Monday, November 12, 2007

This and that

The cursives are my Finnish translations :-)
Tänään suomennokset ovat kursiivilla kuvien kohdilla :-)

It's been a while since I shared photos. Just so you know, it is dark and grey here and getting photos without the flash is painful. And there aren't too many things I dislike more than flash photography... cauliflower, peasoup and being late.. but that's about it.
En ole viime aikoina ottanut paljon kuvia, ja se johtuu tästä kaamoksesta. Minä kun inhoan ottaa kuvia salamalla. Se on korkealla siellä inhokkilistalla hermekeiton, kukkakaalin ja myöhässä olemisen kanssa.
But I now have some time to share.
Shouldn't I be at work?
Well, yes... but... I'm home with a little patient:
Mutta nyt on aikaa ladata tänne muutama kuva.
Jaa miksen ole töissä?
Koska:

Niina has an eye infection and has to stay home from school for three days.
She's feeling a whole lot better today as the meds have kicked in and there's no icky goo coming out of the eyes.
Niinalla on silmätulehdus, eikä saa mennä kolmeen päivään kouluun.
Onneksi olo on parantunut eilisestä kun lääke alkoi vaikuttamaan ja inha rähmän tulo loppui.
Lets take a look at this fuzzy photo:
Katsotaanpas sumuista kuvaa:

A few things going on here.
First there's the new scarf I knitted her. The kids at school asked me if I knitting it out of cotton candy heheheee... the yarn was so pink and fluffy.
Muutama juttu meneillään tässä kuvassa.
1. Uusi kaulaliina jonka neuloin. Muksut koulussa kysyivät neulonko sitä hattarasta kun lankakerä oli ihan sen näköinen.
Second:
She's got a goofy grin as she lost both her front teeth. And a genetic glitch has left her without the number 2 teeth (next to the front teeth) on her upper jaw, so she now sports a vampire look. And a cute lisp...
2. Hassu hymy. Yläetuhampaat lähtivät. Ja genetiikasta johtuen puuttuvat yläkakkoshampaat kokonaan. On ihan vampyyri meininki. Ja äshä shuhishee...
Third:
She wanted her hair just like Saara's, who got it cut two weeks ago. So on Friday she lost half the length of her hair. We all love her new cute look.
3.Niina halusi hiukset samanlaisiksi kuin iso siskolla, jonka hiukset lyhenivät pari viikkoa sitten. Joten perjantaina jäi kampaamon lattialle puolet hiuksista. Uusi tyyli on tosi kiva!
Winter is knocking...
Talvi tuloillaan...
It looked this pretty for one day last week.
Then it melted away. It is slushing again today. Too wet to stay on the ground though.
Oli se viime viikolla näin kaunista yhtenä päivänä, kunnes suli pois. Nytkin sataa rannikon räntää.
Last week we had a charity project at school that kept the 6th graders out of trouble, heh.
Viime viikolla oli koulussa hyväntekeväisyysprojekti, joka piti 6s luokkalaiset kiireisinä.
We had asked for donations and got plenty! We packed Christmas packages for little boys and girls. These packages will be sent to poor children in Moldova.
Olimme pyytäneet vanhemmilat lahjoituksia ja tavaraa tuli! Pakkasimme joulupaketteja köyhille lapsille Moldovaan.
This pile of over 70 boxes filled with goodies gives me warm fuzzies.
Yli 70 laatikkoa lämmittää mieltä ja sydäntä.
Today, I planted a garden.
Tänään tein pihatöitä:
More photos of the yard for Saara's dollhouse can be found here. Along with some other mini projects of late.
Lisää kuvia löytyy täältä, kuten myös muita miniprojekteja.
Toimiiko kursiivi paremmin kuin kahtia jako?
On ainakin mulle helpompi kirjoitella....

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:59 PM

    Hei!
    Yksi uusi, sinut TV:stä bongannut utelias ilmoittautuu. Oli kiva avata toosa aamulla ja todeta, että joku tekee kansalle selkoa skräppäyksestä! :)

    t. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:09 AM

    I love looking at your miniatures Sus...I could see myself getting into that one day, it's entranced me ever since seeing Queen Elizabeth's room-sized dollhouse in London :)
    The mini-book is adoreable too, esp. with those frog eyes looking out as page tabs :)
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:35 PM

    Wow Laura, I am impressed that you even found a translation site. LOL

    Sus, you have some fantastic pics. Your dollhouse is gorgeous. Wish I could see it IRL.

    Nancy M

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)