Thursday, July 30, 2009

The former owners of my house...

...aka my grandparents :)


My grandpa Jorma looks quite dashing in his wartime uniform, don't you think?


Judging from my dad, I'd say this one of him and his mom (Elvi) was taken in the early 1950's.
Such a happy photo.


That's where our patio still is :)
Those summer dresses are the bomb.


Apparently my grandma really liked housecoats...


I wonder what happened here? Last frame on the film maybe?
Definately the 60's... just a few years before my grandpa died. He died in 1969, just two months after I was born. Young too.. only in his 50's. I really wish I could have known him. From what I've learnt from him by reading my grandparents wartime correspondence (yes, I own such treasures), we would have gotten along fabulously. My grandma was one of the pillars of my life, always there, whenever.


I really like this picture.
Looking at it, I'm trying to figure out which spot in the yard it is... which of those birches are still standing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh do tell :)