Tuesday, September 22, 2009

For you knitters

I had a few ask about directions for this shoulder warmer/shawl-like-thingy I'm making.
It is just about the easiest thing to knit.

You need 200g (that was four skeins Novita's Puro for you Finns) of yarn, wool preferably to keep you nice and snuggly warm and number 6 needles (6mm).

You start with casting 70 stitches (are they stitches in knitting? I've only ever knitted in Finnish, heh) and it's your basic knit (oikein) one side, purl (nurin)the other with the first and last two always knit (aina oikein) on both sides.

Knit until your piece is either 110cm or 120cm long, your preferance, and bind off. Before sewing the short ends together, twist it once. Take a look at the photo in this post to get the idea.

See? I said it was super simple.
I also like knitting with the variegated thread, pretty soft stripes...

2 comments:

  1. voi kiitos! ehkä jopa mun "taidoilla" saa tämän aikaan. siis siinä tapauksessa, että kärsivällisyys riittää. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. voi jee! tähänhän rittää jopa munkin kudontataidot! ja just ihanin! pakko kokeilla. lankauutuuksia pitää kaupassa hiplailla mutta alakaa vain ärsyttää kun ei mitään osaa tehdä, mutta oisko tämä nyt se juttu joka multakin taittuis! kiitos siis!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)