Sunday, September 13, 2009

Habitare '09

On Saturday we headed to the Interior Design Expo Habitare.
It is a bi-annual event and I've been attending it for goodness knows how long... my Mom used to work for a office furniture company and we'd always have tickets.
I've always loved going.
Seeing what's new.
Getting ideas.
Or even finding something for our home like two years ago.
Mostly I love to admire the creativity.

One of the exhibits was about ecological design.
There were some amazing ideas.

PUF-FUP, cork free-shape puff.
Made out of cork spheres from production surplus from the wine industry.


Eco Chair Concept 1. The seat is made from used sails.

Rahit. A series of six benches.


The Light Swing Chair. It is a dynamo, as you swing, you produce energy and light :)
Can you imagine how pretty that looks in the dark?
Feed Me. A bench and a storage system.
Too cute.


Costume. The chair is cushioned with recycled jeans.


Felt I noticed was a popular medium throughout.
V. 31. A tree trunk chair made with felt.

A felted bouquet that will never wilt.


And a cool notice board made out of those felt baubles.


Yes, yes it is.

We came across some amazing recycled lamps.
Can you guess what it's made of?

Plastic bottle tops, cut to look like lilies.



Saara made herself a pretty flower brooch.


She got help from the talented designer himself, Heath Nash from South Africa.


So soft...

What is it?


Cool huh?




They are leaning on this:


Who needs regular path lights outside when you can have this?


Ok... disregard the slight off focus and tilt your head and you'll be able to see us :)
This particular lamp never fails to give me a headache as its pieces swirl and shine...

Use for all those odd yarn remnants?
How about it, knitters?

I also liked this rug made quilt style from old rugs.
You'd need an industrial strength sewing machine to make one yourself though...


Saara bought the one in her right hand.
A missing piece...


The whole family has a love affair with this chair by Eero Aarnio.
Sitting in it makes the hustle and bustle of the world fade away.
Only the price tag makes us walk away sighing...
5850€.
$8526.


Niina would love the Pony.
The Double Bubble would be more likely.


The thought of birch skin weaved in metal is fascinating.
A flat birch on your wall...
Really cool tablerunner.


Made from phonebook pages!

Pretty dishes, I loved how you could see the brush strokes.

The fabric store display was straight out of a storybook.


I'm not a big fan of decorative pillows but this makes me want to go buy several hundred..

This lamp gives a whole new meaning to airhead, don't you think?
Hehee...

The girls are designing a new couch for upstairs.


Such a neat concept.


A couch My Way.
Still a prototype.
I hope it'll reach production.

I'll end this photo blast with a smile.
Moomintroll has just read Tarzan...
Tickled my funny bone.

1 comment:

  1. See? I told you you'd have some great eye candy! And when did Saara become a beautiful young woman?

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)