Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'm ready for summer now :)

Took out my sewing machine and one big UFO (unfinished object) yesterday.


Today I have my happy bright picnic quilt finished!


I've shown you some if this before, as it's been a long project. Mostly because all the colorful Marimekko fabrics were bought over a long period of time as remnants from the 50% off bins. The white fabric is pieces of my grandmothers embroidered sheets from the late 1940's.

And yes I know it pulls a bit in that one corner, but I'm letting it slide. It was very difficult to quilt this with my sewing machine due to the backing...


Which is fabric with a waxy layer on it, so even if the grass is a little wet, you'll be nice and dry.


I love that I could include some history into this one.
I do miss my grandma..

2 comments:

  1. I know I've seen this partially completed and I'm glad that you finished it. Enjoy all the wonderful picnics you'll have with it. It's a beautiful heirloom for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hatunnosto!
    Tuossa on ollut hommaa,
    mutta nyt saat sitten nauttia piknikeistä(ehket kuitenkaan vappu-sellaisista,ellei sulta löydy mätsäävää sateenvarjoa:)!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)