Monday, February 20, 2012

70cm of white

70cm in six weeks.
For you metrically impaired that is about 28 inches.
Yesterday brought nearly 30cm/12 inches of it.
It was coming down heavy.
Pretty.. for a while..



It started before we got up in the morning...
We did a good six hours worth of shoveling, shuffling and hauling that white stuff around.

It was still going strong around 9pm.

Mind you, the neighbors' back yard does look pretty.




I took a few pics this morning just so can see to what ends we have to go..
We have ploughed a passage to take the snow to the back yard.

There's a sizable mountain of it, backed by an even bigger one of our neighbor's.

I know.. it is pretty... but honestly I've had enough pretty for this winter.
Unfortunately Mother nature hasn't...
There's more due tomorrow and Thursday.
And mostly on us in Helsinki.

...sigh...

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos.

    Snow is wonderful to 'look' at but not much fun to 'live' with. I do not envy you all that shoveling.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mä oon ainakin saanut jo niiiiin tarpeekseni tosta valkoisesta töhnästä! Ja lumitöistä! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lumesta saa kyllä kauniita kuvia, mutta muuta ihanaa siinä ei kyllä olekaan, blääh.

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)