Saturday, August 04, 2012

..I just knew it...

 I went back to work on Wednesday.
The kids start school next week Thursday, but I know for sure the space will not be 100% done. 
If we're lucky 70%.

Here are some random thoughts and occurances from the past three days.

  • WTF! NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE!
  • Where are the colorful painted walls? Oh crap. This is not good.
  • How many things were on my list, let me count..17. 
  • No wait.. I see we have a bathroom built, oh good. And hey, our rugs have been washed, YAY!
  • So that's 2 down, 15 to go.. we need to switch to Plan B.
  •  I need more hours to the day...
  • [banging head on desk] could I have a nice surprise, please, anytime now? ..sigh.. our new furniture has not been ordered, and it's too late now.
  • Atleast I have great workmates who keep me laughing through this :)
  • YESYESYES! The previous renters at the new middle and high school premises left loads of furniture behind. We got to choose tables, chairs and shelves for free, baby!
  • Toys'R'Us- check. Barbies and board games. And a table football game.
  •  IKEA- check. Toy storage, more clear storage boxes, shelves that will turn into lego building tables. And hot dogs. And ice cream.
  • I love it. I now have a sewing machine at the club. However where is the cord and pedal?? Five floors up luckily in a box labeled "cords and pedals". Phew!
  • Thank you Pinterest. Cheap umbrellas and net curtains combined with old hulhoops= tents hanging from the ceiling. Well, once we get two hooks up..
  •  Seriously.. we need our kids here for slave labor putting together all the new Playmobils.. we won't have time.
  • STILL no painter, they were supposed to start yesterday.. frustration.. there are only THREE days left.. come on! I guess I should be happy that atleast the paints are here, huh?
  • [happy dance] we have a working doorbell!! I'm afraid to ask, if the camera that should go with it has also been installed.
  • hehee.. really? The company that made our new bean bag chairs is called Hotkiss??? I ordered them from a school supply catalog, honestly.
  • Who knew it would take  nearly 6 hours to assemble the football table.
  • I need to iron, which box has the iron, do you think? The one that says coffee maker, naturally.
  • We really are in the basement.. it's three floors up to the office floor.. add two more to find an ironing board in the new textile work classroom.. which apparently gets no electricity, so I'll just iron here in the corridor :)
  • I need to negotiate to be able to work longer days Mon-Wed next week.. 6 hrs a day, we won't make it..
  • I'm so glad it's the weekend. Period.  *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh do tell :)