Monday, August 13, 2012

Repurposing

 While I moved most of my crafting supplies into my new studio, I left some fabrics in this cupboard. 
The most inspiring scraps, some bought jelly rolls and honey buns, UFOs and old clothes with lovely fabrics to be repurposed.

I have saved some lovely project ideas on my sewing Pinterest board, and as soon as I saw this one, I knew what I wanted to use.

I've had a few people over at FB wondering how I could ever take my scissors to my Mom's old miniskirt from the mid 60's.  Well, my girls weren't interested in it. Plus it was really worn. I wanted to give at least a piece of it life in a way that would make me remember my Mom and smile.
I really had no qualms about it.

I used those filmy fruit plastic bags fused together for the lining.
I had never fused plastic bags before, it was quite exciting :)
 The plastic was so thin, I used six layers.

See, I told you it was really worn...

I now have a fun sandwich bag.
I absolutely love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh do tell :)