I decided to tackle another project I had been planning all winter long.
I wanted a new purse.
It is a spring thing, isn't it?
As fabric I wanted to use this ladies' corduroy jacket I had picked up free (yes free!) from the recycling center. It was in great condition, I simply washed it.
I found a good pattern for a pleated purse.
Love how the pattern says it takes 2½ hours to finish.
Yup.
Probably.
If you first don't have to deconstruct a jacket for fabric.
And then adjust the pattern size three times :P
As lining I used this amazing striped corduroy that used to be my beloved purse. Until the icky plastic lining crumbled away.
The size of these pieces in the end determined the size of my purse.
As inside pockets I used back pockets from my girls' old jeans I had saved.
I used a nice thick fusible fleece on the pieces to give structure to the purse.
I also added a magnetic clasp.
Here's a peek inside.
And this is what it looks like outside.
I left one of the sidepockets and the front buttons of the jacket as part of the design.
The length of the sleeves determined the length of the straps.
I do like it.
A lot.
However, now I need to sew a slightly bigger one.
So I can fit my camera inside too.
I'm off to hunt for a good sized men's jacket...
My camera got a new strap cover too. In fabrics by Anna Maria Horner.



Vilka snygga grejer du har gjort! I really like them. Good luck with the camera bag!
ReplyDeleteLooks absolutely fabulous!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDelete