Sunday, June 21, 2015

Allotment, May 24th to 31st

May 24th.
Look at it bloom.. in yellow.. darn it.

 Fast forward four hours.
See all that green, it used to be yellow.

And yes, that is a big Ikea bag full of dandelions.
My wrists hurt so bad after this.

Look at my radishes coming up.

And peas.

And beets.

I planted my cucumbers.

I cut slits into my pumpkin patch and added my plants.


It's rhubarb time.
One of my favorites.

I'm stuck with these holes left from digging up the berry bushes.
The ground is sooo hard right now.

I also have odd clumps of clay around.

May 28th.
Carrots!

Geez, radishes grow fast!

I got straw to spread on top of the newspaper and cardboard.

Zinnias and cosmos.

Peas, peas and more peas.
All for Niina :)

May 30th.
My trusty friend.
A present from my god father, he made the hilt from different kinds of wood and reindeer bone.

I started building my potato towers. Ideally, a week earlier would have been great, but that just didn't happen.
That's chicken wire and metal poles.

Straw up the sides, soil in the middle, spuds  in three layers with eyes pointed out.

A big one and a small one (that's what I get for not measuring the chicken wire), both leaning in opposite directions. Hah!

And zinnias on top.

May 31st 
Oh my, first pumpkin blooms!

Broccoli.

It was really windy when I planted my tomatoes.
These were grown from seed at work.

I get a lot of questions about my raised beds.
The best I think was: Do the vegetables really grow in those?
Yeah...

This is more the norm here:
The traditional way of growing stuff.
Can't wait to hear questions of my towers.

Me?
I'm just happy being different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh do tell :)