Monday, August 24, 2015

Allotment- July 1st to 15th

July was mostly cool, sunny, with rain overnight. Helped with the watering.
I loved seeing the progress and the blooms.

July 1st

My potato towers were turning into Medusa's heads :)

However my beets were coming up pitifully... especially the Wodan variety.

The Chioggia was faring a bit better.

Lovely and green.

Best part.
Thinning carrots and lettuce.
And the peony..

July 6th
Pumpkins looking good.

Zinnia's starting to bloom.
In Finnish we call them Learned's flower.

One tomato growing nicely, the other not so much.

We call the red one Flaming Love. 

Pink cotton candy perfection of a peony.

July 9th

Not my sign, but I do love a good pun.

July 10th
The packet said: antirrhinum twinny appleblossom.
I say glorious.




Cosmos double click snow puff. Those petals though...

July 12th
Big and yellow, hopefully it'll turn into something big and orange.

Lilac potato flowers? I've only ever seen white ones.

The straw I got is sprouting oats :)

The boxes are turning color.

I apparently feed rabbits.
I don't really mind. As long as they don't eat it all..


A pink one? The packet said white.

I got all of five strawberries. More next year.

I love the watercolor nasturtiums.

1 comment:

Oh do tell :)