Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ta-daaa!

I'm so happy with the result of this project of mine.
To see what I started to work on,
click here.
Honestly, I love it so much I could just sit in this room admiring it for hours
*grin*

The couch still needs a slipcover, I have the fabric, but I haven't had time to sew yet. That'll be this weekend's project. So I just slapped that turqoise piece of chenille, that outdates me by a year, on there.
But look, every bit of the wood is painted!


I painted both doors. The bag on the hook holds clothespins I use when I dry my laundry outdoors in the summer.

New mirror, a big plus. The vacuum hose (I have an in-built vacuum) has a logical place now.


Meet my new mascot. I call him Dr Strangelove. He was the basis for picking out new towel colors.


That shelf is the bomb!!!

New happy towels, detergents all neat, and hey I still have one shelf left.

Laundry bins. Mika said they look like garbage cans and I asked how that mattered to him as he never does laundry. I love them.

New lamps are still in boxes as I have to call my electrician uncle to come attack the 1950's wiring.

Mika liked this facelift so much he told me I could continue on to the sauna washroom this summer. This time he's helping though. Since I'm painting, he's totally scrubbing the place.

8 comments:

  1. Sus, it all looks fabulous. I can see why you want to spend hours in there. I agree that Mika should have to help with the manual labor on your next project. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:06 PM

    I'm am uber impressed!!! It looks absolutely fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so nice and clean and fresh and springlike. Wishing you good, warm weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:25 PM

    So cheery! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did good, plus i see you in the mirror :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that may actually make me enjoy laundry a bit more! So planned out and the result shows-it is beautiful!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Niina looks soooo cute!!! I love the laundry room too. I am so impressed how fast you finished it!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)