Stuff that stinks, cute stuff, fun stuff, happy stuff.
So go grab a cup of coffee, quick.
You'll be here for a bit, heh..
This stinks.
Saara started 5th grade on monday. Last May they had been asked if they preferred to study french or german come fall. Saara automatically chose german, no question about that. Monday she came home all confused, there was no german marked on the schedule. So I called her homeroom teacher, he had no idea what had happened. On tuesday the class was told there would be no german group. Yea, WHAT?! Some extremely unhappy and seriously disappointed kids in that class.
This morning I popped by the principal's office (poor guy, he just started) to ask why this happened. Turns out they have 27 kids in the french group and only 9 in the german. On June 15th the school board made a decision that only classes with 10 kids will be taught. And not one person thought of informing us parents. Not cool. Very not cool.
I've just sent an email to all parents in the class for a plea that one kid switch from french to german so they could start classes.
Because 9 kids who couldn't care less about being in french class has to be a teacher's nightmare.
I'm hoping someone will bite.
Isn't she cute?

All excited to start her second school day.
Yup, that's right... I FORGOT to take a photo of her very first day.
How bad is that...
Just hand me the Bad Scrapbooking Mommy award.
(hanging head in shame)
Want to know what I was up to while it rained yesterday?
Just what do you do with small empty pineapple tins, bamboo skewers, some cotton stuff (I really don't know another word for it...it really is the epitomy of stuff) and old candle bits?



You melt the candles and pour into the tins and you get:
ta-daa!

Outdoor candles.
My favorite kind of recycling.
That was my fun bit.
Then for happy stuff.
Goooooood mail day.

The new IKEA catalog.
I'm making a list.
Just remind me not to drive there before payday, ok?
Or I might just get slapped..heheheee...

..mmmm.... my order from AMLT.
I've been in a scrapbooking slump (nothing done in the last 10 days, major slump) but this just might get me out of it. Some very cool stuff.
The one new product I'm really excited over is this:

Transparency frames by My Mind's Eye.
Just look at them!

Go get yourself some.
Yes, feel free to blame me.
And finally:

THANK YOU CHRISTINE! YOU ROCK!
I picked these up at Devery's hotel today.
I'll be slipping pages into these tonight :o)
You can now return back to your regularly scheduled programming.
I'm going outside to hang laundry, seeing as it isn't raining today.
Good luck with the German class Sus. That was a great idea to email the others. I love your little candles, they are so creative.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! The candles!:)
ReplyDeletelook at all that lovely goodies! i cannot wait to move and be in a city that has an ikea! that could be bad, very bad!
ReplyDelete