Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A tree is up and my eyes are itching

Notice I said a tree, not the tree...

Couple days ago at school, I was trying to find Xmas crafts to do with the kiddiwinkles in class and came across this waayyy cool craft by, who else, Martha Stewart.

That is a bunch of newspaper squares on a wooden skewer, sprayed with glue and generously sprinkled with glitter (Martha's of course..).



I LOVE it.
Soo glittery.
And pretty.
The star is a ornament I cut down in size to fit the tree.

While I was skewering newspaper, I was watching President Ahtisaari receive the peace Nobel prize. I was very impressed by his speech.
Why am I home in the afternoon?
Make a wild guess...?
Sick kids. Again.
Had to get Saara some meds finally as she was not getting better, she hasn't been at school this week at all.
I also had an appointment as I've had allergic reactions in and around my eyes.
Yes it is indeed December, snowy and cold and I don't usually suffer from allergies in the winter.
Only that problem I mentioned at work, turned out to be mold in the classrooms I've worked at, and I'm reacting to that. Those rooms have now been shut off, we've moved ourselves and the kids to safer rooms. Lets see how much that helps.. for now.
I already showed you my lights, but now there's pretty snow behind them :)


That's still all I have up.
I will get more decorations up this weekend, but that means dusting needs to take place...
I was hoping to to some tonight, but I have a test I have to study for. Blech.


But I do have candles.
I really like this one I got from my cousin a few years back. The reindeer motif is on the metal cup and it wavers in a lovely way when the flame moves.
I better go vacuum glitter now...

2 comments:

  1. Your tree looks MUCH nicer than the MS one. Is newspaper really heavy enough for such a project?
    Really amazing. And how did you make it green? Make me one! ;-)

    halaus,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pages are terrific! The tree is adorable but that glitter really makes me cringe. Hope everyone is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)