Monday, March 22, 2010

Sunday sewing

Noonish on Sunday my hands were itching to sew something..
But what?
I went online looking for inspiration and happened to find a tutorial for a cute owl on Moda Bake Shop.

I grabbed my pile of Marimekko fabric scraps and went to work.


While putting together the first one I decided it would be just as easy to make a second.. and then a third as the green fabrics were calling my name..


And here's the trio of owl cousins :)

Yes, cousins.
As three girlie cousins will be the owners.
From the left the 1st one is Saara's, the 2nd Niina's and the 3rd will be Julia's as a part of her 1st birthday present in a couple weeks.



I'm so glad owls are pop.

3 comments:

  1. Swoon! I love these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ihania! minäkin mietin juuri minkä pehmolelun ompelisin yksvuotiaalle kaveriksi, tässä on ideaa. tarpeeksi yksinkertainen että voisi jopa toteuttaa. mutta mistä marimekon tilkkuja tähän hätään? nyyh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright colours, great idea, I wish I could make the same !

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)