Happy Halloween to those of my friends who celebrate :)
We don't really celebrate it here, but I do let these ghosties reside in my dining room for the month of October. A little homage to the years spent stateside, and the Halloweens I thoroughly enjoyed.
And that Halloween loving part of me is happy I work at a school that does celebrate Halloween due to tradition. Our school was founded by American nuns nearly 70 years ago and Halloween has always been a part of the school.
These days it is a party day for the elementary school. Grades 1-6 dress up and just have fun. Grade 7 puts together a Spooky Trail for the kids. I believe this years' bunch created something very hard to top... I didn't get a chance to go through it myself, but what I heard about it, convinced me. It was a mental hospital gone very very very horrid...
We had it a little easier in the teachers' room. This is the table I set up:

I asked our school librarian if she had any books she was throwing away and I got four copies of Johnny Tremaine to have fun with.

Two were folded in different ways, one torn apart to make a wreath and one cut to look like a vase.


The witch and her cat were cut into one of my old books...

I wanted my costume to be simple. So I ended up being completely batty all day...
The little ones just looked at me oddly and didn't get it. However the middle school kids and my collegues enjoyed it ;D
As did I.
November tomorrow... I'm eyeing led Christmas lights...
And I confess in buying some ornaments yesterday. I blame it on the sparkle.. they were just so pretty...
Who cares if I already have enough to dress two trees..
I don't.
*grin*

Love how you decorated the teachers table and loved your head dress..x
ReplyDeleteYour head dress is the best I have ever seen!
ReplyDelete