Our school anyway.. most of Helsinki starts in one week.. sigh..
We spent three days (well half days, hour wise) last week getting the Club room ready for 30 (yes, THIRTY!) kids..ugh.. looking forward to the fun, just not the noise..
I started with hanging up a garland I made by punching shapes from paint chips.
Hey, free materials.. gotta love that. I stuck with shades of the primary colors that fit the general color scheme.


We sharpened color pencils.
My hands are itching to make samples now :D

And ba-da-bing we have a comfy chair in da house!

This was an old chair of my Grandma's that has been hanging around gathering dust. We purchased a cotton bed cover from Ikea, and it fits right in.



The schools here don't go back until the end of Aug/beginning of Sept.
ReplyDeleteLovely cheerful space for the children - I wish you well coping with 30.
Toni xx
Onnea matkaan! Näyttää kutsuvalta tuo huone. Blogissani on sinulle tunnustus, jos haluat :)
ReplyDeleteMukavalta näyttää! Valmiina vuoden haasteisiin. :D Minä olin kesällä kolme viikkoa töissä kesäjälkkärissä (ovatko iltapäiväkerhot muuten siellä päin jälkkäreitä?), ja nuo kuvat saivat taas aikaan kauhean ikävän sitä tavallisen ohjaajan/askarteluohjaajan pestiäni ja kaikkia ihania lapsia kohtaan. :)
ReplyDelete