A totally cool room!
We still need to find a set of drawers for under the desk and a low sideboard for schtuff.
Here are some photos of the room itself and some details.

The room has a funky vaulted ceiling that made placing furniture challenging...
And you can tell I'm not 'faking' these photos...yes those are dirty underwear on the floor...sigh... OK, so she is still missing a hamper too :oP

Love this chair...it's even called 'Happy'!
The pink organza thingy with lights inside is was started the pink paint hunt.

This is a wardrobe I found at IKEA, it came with plain white curtains, but I soon fixed that. I took apart some cheap H&M jewelry and tied the beads onto the twill on the key.

The lamp is a work in progress. For one it needs wiring. Then it badly needs new shades. Cream, simple ones I think. I'm happy this lamp has found a home. It was carved by my great uncle in the 50's, such intricate work. I love it even more because I knew the man who made it.

The new stereos! These will eventually reside on the sideboard. Once we find one...

And finally some pretty sparkly butterfly magnets. We painted magnetic paint under the pink layer. Not as effective as I thought... maybe it needed a third layer, but I was getting carpal from painting on two layers of the gunk. I might try with some BIG magnets.
Think pink!
WOW!!! What a cool room!!! LOVE all the pics. =)
ReplyDeleteWhat a LUCKY girl!!! Sooo stinkin' cool! Love it! :-)
ReplyDeleteRobin
What a COOL girly room!!!! Love the color combo! Wish my folks had done that for me when I was little!
ReplyDeletewhoa whoa whoa. i want that wardrobe!
ReplyDelete