One of the reason's I like february is that you can now see that the darkness is fading. It's light at 9am :o)
Oh yes... we are going forward to spring... even if that isn't until April ROFL!
Also in February (the 5th to be exact) we celebrate a poet named Runeberg. We celebrate by eating these delicious (well...for a lack of a better word) muffins. Come to think of it, we are actually celebrating the ingenius concoction of the poet's wife. The legend tells that surprise visitors came by and Mrs. National Poet threw bits of what was in her pantry and whipped up this delicacy.
recipe follows:
Runeberg Tortes
150g (5,3 oz) soft butter, 1dl (1/2 cup) sugar, 1/2 dl (1/3 cup) brown sugar, 2 eggs, 1 1/2 dl (1/2 + 1/3 cup tough measurement to translate LOL) flour, 1 1/2 dl (1/2 + 1/3 cup) fine crumbs ( dry white bread with a few leftover xmas gingerbread cookies thrown in ), 1 1/2 dl (1/2 + 1/3 cup) fine ground almonds, 2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 dl (1/3 cup) cream, raspberry jam.
Mix sugars and butter, add eggs one at a time mixing well. Combine dry ingredients and add to butter mixture little by little with the cream. Divide into muffin pan (lined with pretty paper cups). Make a small hole on top of every one with a spoon and ad a dollop of raspberry jam. Bake at 200C (390F) for 15 minutes. Once they have cooled add a bit more jam on top and decorate with icing (mixture of powdered sugar and water).
I need to bake another batch because these are all gone now.
I also wanted to show you a little something I did yesterday. I was completely inspired by Keisha's/KLCards lovely chipboard art pieces.
I've had these Heidi Swapp chipboard frames for a while, didn't really have a use for them. So I painted them white, added some doo dads and ta-da! Wall art.
I'll be posting these on 2peas with more detailed photos later... it's down right now. Oh the woes of the web...LOL!



absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! amazing how you can just throw stuff together & come up with something so amazing :)
ReplyDeleteBlown away blown away wow wow wow love the wall art love your new banner
ReplyDeletestunning stunning stunning!!! I love those!! And the framed pieces are beautiful too!!!
ReplyDeletecan i just say how amazing these are?? lucky, lucky girls!!
ReplyDelete