It's just been a ordinary boring week. Nothing exciting going on. I'm in a bit of a funky mood.
I did visit The Body Shop, haven't been in one for ages. Saara wanted to pick out something smelling like strawberries for her best friend's birthday. While there I gave her a few hints for my birthday. Their shea (nut) body butter and almond oil hand rescue treatment would keep me happy. And at another store I found a scented candle to die for.. I know my sis is fainting right now, she knows I don't like scented candles... but this one... cafe caramel.... oh man...divine. I need to take my camera along next time to this store, the candles are pure color inspiration. I did find a few shots online just to give you an idea:

I always feel like a kid in a candy store there.. I want one of each please and thank you :o)
Sometime during the week I got lost on the Pottery Barn kids website (I blame Courtney as she tortures me by telling about her shopping trips, man oh man do I miss that store!). Is anyone willing to mail me the kids and teen catalogs? I need those for purely inspirational reasons and the buggers don't mail overseas... The pictures online are soooo small it really bugs me. I love the fresh colors and they have some great ideas I want to use when I do up Niina's room this coming summer. Niina and I were really partial to the colors in this room:

Doesn't it just look inviting? And look, BUTTERFLIES on the pillow! Me, I love the green (what is that, celery green?) and the rug. I might just have to paint Niina's furniture white, they are whitewashed now.
I also just looooooooooooooved these sheets... not hard as I'm a total ribbon nut. I think I need to use the idea for a bedcover...or curtains.

Niina's fave thing was this basket:

I'd also like to have a few hooks on the wall to hang her pretty butterfly wings from.
Well, as it is friday, I need to go show the vacuum some love, scrub toilets and stalk the mailman (I'm expecting two boxes, they better come today because I simply cannot wait until monday! waaahhhhh...)
oh I just wish I had a little girl, that is too cute! I have that exact color on my wall upstairs office, love it!
ReplyDeleteI'll mail 'em, when I get 'em! I have a "regular" one just sitting here; want it?
ReplyDeleteI love your taste!
Karen
Oh those candles are so yummy and bright. Quite a nice splash of color for some cold winter days. Maybe I'll be coming your way and then you'll have to show me all of your favorite places ;)
ReplyDeleteI bet Niina would love anything you do to her room, but if mine had looked as cute as that picture then I'd be excited too!
Sorry no PB (pottery barn not peanut butter silly) catys here!
Karen! yOu beat me to it. I was going to mail you one in secret, Suski and you had to go ruin it LOL. I'll still get you one because the girls can drool over one, too.
ReplyDeleteLove your candle pix. LOL I don't like scented either (get headaches).
Those sheets are very cool!
Hey now!! Totally not my fault, it's Pottery Barn, blame them, they are the devil!!! But man on man, those candles are HEAVENLY!!!
ReplyDelete