You'll see...
Just read on.
Our visit to the miniature store was a huge success on Friday. A very small store but we managed to spend nearly an hour in there.
New treasures every place you looked.
Lucky for us it started pouring outside (and we didn't have umbrellas) so we were forced to stay a bit longer.
I stayed true to my budget and got only the items badly needed.

Mary now has some lovely cream colored furniture in her livingroom. A couch, a chair, a coffee table and a magazine rack. I'm told she's not happy with the pillows and prefers needlepoint... sigh.

We also found a perfectly sized side table for the kitchen.

And a shelf. Still need to attach it properly..it came crashing down... in the middle of the night. Have I mentioned the dollhouse is still in our bedroom? Yeah...that was fun...
Saara bought a new stove and sink for her kitchen and has assigned me to start renovations on her dollhouse now.

Yes..it is kinda bare inside.
I'm starting today by glueing the downstairs wall properly as it wiggles. And we can't have that.
And I think I'll start painting the outside walls.
She picked a happy color, I'll let you guess...
So onto the vicious cycle bit.
Niina has announced that all she wants from Santa this year is her own dollhouse.
She's going to be extra good and only wish for this one thing.
Oh boy... I mean.. oh girl...
See, her bunny family is in desperate need of a home.

They got the discarded kitchen furniture Saara doesn't need anymore...
So, I'm told Santa is looking into this:

The front and roof are hinged and open up.
You notice of course that Santa has some major painting to do...
Not to mention to gather all grandparents and godparents together to make this dream come true.
Santa better get started...
Oh, I've also been told that the advent calendar this year, should be mainly in miniature.
I think I can live with that.
PS. My banner is looking funny... I already tried fixing it. I think it's all photobucket's fault. It shouldn't have that odd stripe on the right...
but her bunnies can't be out in the cold!!! look what you started!
ReplyDeleteLOL!!! I showed my kids the house you just finished and Annie is just GAGA!!! Unfortunately, you might have started a cycle worldwide, unbeknownst to you! The biggest problem here, though, is that Santa's elves in PA have no stinking CLUE how to put a doll house together, let alone decorate it so cute!!! :O
ReplyDeleteI think this is so fun to see!! I secretly hope Santa does bring another doll house to your family so we can keep seeing all the cute little ways you fill it up!!
ReplyDeletei love reading about the dollhouses.
ReplyDeleteesp love how your lady now has her own magazine rack. something everyone needs.
:)
I think the banner looks great :)
ReplyDeletehey!
ReplyDeletepull your head out of the dollhouse window and post again. I'm going thru withdrawals, don't ya know??