Wednesday, December 13, 2006

What's up with that?


Well I did finish Niina's stocking today.
Some of you might remember her temporary stocking I showed you last year. I didn't plan it as temporary, but she told me last year that she disliked her stocking VERY much. I still think it is pretty, and I'll keep it around if we ever need a guest stocking. I'll just have to take Niina's name off.
And while we are looking at last year's photos, my advent candelabra has died on me.
I know it's a broken bulb or two. It's the type that when one dies they all go out...
So I tried switching a new bulb one by one.
Nothing.
So I took another new bulb and fiddled some more.
Nothing.
Took all the extra bulbs I had and started switching everything.
The end result naturally was that not only do I now not know which bulbs are old and which new, the darned thing still doesn't work.
I guess we need a new one.
Only the ones at the store are kinda boring.
Or not our style.
Wish me luck.
So why is it that when I set up one goal, I do a million other things in between?
Like yesterday.
I needed to dust all the open shelving, and the ones behind glass doors in the kitchen.
I did get it all done, but in between every shelf I cleaned the bathroom, decorated, sewed snow folk...
Then today.
I really need to write my Christmas cards.
Any cards going overseas are late already.
And I need to dust the bookshelf in the livingroom.
What have I done?
Sewed stuff I had no plans to do.
Watched an episode of Six Feet Under I "taped" last night.
Thought of another present I could sew.
That meant digging for fabric pieces in that dreaded basement storage room.
(the one where if I ever get to the very back, I'll probably find Jimmy Hoffa...)
I really need to get to those cards next.
Just don't distract me...ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh do tell :)