Sunday, May 27, 2007

What I love in my garden right now.


The apple tree in bloom.

My favorite parrot tulips.
The ones straight out of a Rembrant painting.

Clean laundry.
It is my favorite thing about summer. Laundry on the line.
I know I have some soulmates out there (waving madly to Sharyn!!!).
It calms me. The task of hanging it up in the fresh air.
Then folding it directly off the line a couple hours later.
A peaceful chore I leave just for me.

These pics were taken at 10pm last night.
I'm loving the light summer nights.

You can see I baked some "pulla" yesterday.
And my lilacs are almost open.

No photoshopping done on these last two photos.
It really is that light outside.
I wonder what made my tulips turn like that?
It's like they are bowing to the setting sun.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:37 AM

    waving madly back at ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:51 AM

    i've never heard of parrot tulips before, but i really like them!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)