This yard will be upturned in a couple years when the other house is torn down.
I want to plant new.. move a few plants around...
but..but.. don' really see the point as I have to evacuate half the garden.

It's a jungle...
Behind there are the berry bushes that will disappear.

Black currants..

wild raspberries..

a wild rose reaching for the sky...

gooseberries...

white currants...

and red currants.
They haven't been picked in years.
Sad really.
Except the raspberries, those go straight to my mouth.

Then there is this rose I want to give a better place to bloom.

Isn't it pretty, looks like carnations.
Only problem in moving it, is that it has more thorns than any rose I've ever come across..

The rhubarbs will need a new home.

This is about the spot where the new house will be.
Meaning the compost has to be moved.

And my laundry line...

It'll be hard to imagine this house gone though.
I grew up in there.

We have a new oak tree growing.
It was planted by a squirrel with bad memory...
In all the turmoil coming, I have picked three trees that will be safe.

My pretty "umbrella tree",

this pine, it lived here before any houses were built,

and my chestnut tree.
However the apple tree and the old oak have to go.
I cannot fly a flag with out it being tangled..


This rock wall is one of my favorite things.
Even all that moss growing on the asphalt.



And this trumpet lichen.
As long as there's lichen, I know the air is pretty clean.
what amazing nature you have at your house.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely garden! Are you going to build a new house of your own or is your brother moving in?
ReplyDelete