Friday, August 10, 2007

The ripple effect

They look delicious, don't they?

1. Ripple Progress, 2. Before frogging, 3. ripple2 002, 4. ripple, 5. :: ripple ::, 6. Keep going going, 7. Ripple--Take 4, 8. Ripple blanket progress #2, 9. Ripple blanket in progress!

I've been admiring these crocheted blankets for a while now.
Today I took the plunge.
Printed out instructions.
Turns out this is really simple to do!

Dug out all my yarns. Because what ever the project, you always end up with left overs...
Spent some time matchmaking.
Then I used this fun online helper to design the stripe pattern for me.

It's coming along... in yellows, salmon, white and black.

Remember my Marimekko fabric stash?
I've used many to make napkins.

Who said napkins have to match?
Not in my house.


I also got a little bag made for me.
The "smile" is a Heidi Swapp iron-on.

I'll go back to making waves now.
Heheheeee...

7 comments:

  1. love the napkins! that big flower on the bag is so yummy too! I once knew how to make the ripple pattern but tried and forgot how. I've got a cool texture pattern which is really easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:58 PM

    a ripple blanket has been on my to do list for awhile now too. where did you find your pattern? do you mind sharing? i've looked online a few times, but never printed anything off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:08 AM

    Oh I cannot wait to see how it turns out. I have been admiring these for a while but never took the plunge. The napkins and bag turnoed out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. is it bad that I recognized the makers of some of the ripples? ;)
    There is a ripple along blog, fun stuff.
    My ripple is stalled due to high heat and humidity, I'm waiting for cooler weather.. :D
    They are fun aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:49 PM

    Löysin blogisi Mayn blogin kautta... olet eräs skräppäysidoleistani! Olen nähnyt sivujasi A million Little Thingsin designer galleriassa ja TwoPeasissa. Ihania! Aloittelevana skräppääjänä ei voi kuin vain ihailla ja ihmetellä... Myös tuo virkkaamasi peitto näyttää kivalta. Voisin itsekin yrittää jotain tuollaista...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:42 PM

    Ihanaa koulunaloituspäivää sinne Etelä-Suomeen! Blogissani on sinulle jotain pientä :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:50 PM

    Hei!
    Mistä löysit peittojen ohjeet? Näyttivät ihanilta, ja ajattelin jos minäkin yrittäisin.
    Terv. Camilla

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)