Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Aaaahhh....

Winter break week... YES!

All the hassle from a busy week at school that involved the circus of the seniors leaving (for a few weeks of study leave before their final exams) called "penkkarit". This involves a show, lots of candy being thrown about, silly clothing and yes... they do indeed leave the school on the back of a truck. It's a tradition here, all the seniors on their trucks meet downtown for a circular route they drive through a few times.
Back in the day I did that too. And it was a cooolllllddd day then.
Although our ride wasn't quite this stylin'...

The blonde kid with a red coat in the middle holding up a plastic bag for candies is Saara :)

So this past weekend I had a couple of scrapping friends over and I got to borrow this beauty:

Sigh.
It's the Bind-It-All.
I'm planning to get a couple mini albums punched this week... fun fun fun...

We also went shopping and I got a little something.
Can you guess what?

Heheee...

Indeed, the Fiskars circle punch.

I LOVE it.
It is so easy to use and I went through my entire box of KI scraps just happy punching.
And talking about KI... have you seen their new lines?
This Bloom line coming in May is the one that'll get me into trouble.
Because.I.want.it.all.
All.
All I say.
The line even has albums...

OK, I have to confess I did shop a bit more.
I ordered this Making memories tag maker set with the rims because
A. I have a long lasting love affair with the rimmed tags.
B. You can't find them anywhere these days.
C. It was dirt cheap at scrapbooking.com

Now I just have to impatiently wait for it....

So this morning we all woke up at just before 8am when the mailman rang the doorbell.
He had a big box.
From Utah.
Mika looks at me with the "what the heck have you bought now" look.
But I hadn't ordered anything that big....

It was my Blogging album that came home from Srapbook Trends!
It got quite a few pages in the January issue.



And of course there were the goodies too...
Two magazines, glue, Scenic Route paper pack, birthday brads...

..Christmas stamps, Doodlebug Christmas embellishments...

...which I have to admit are a bit too neon green for me...
Cute though.

And then something interesting:


That's glitter and flocking fluff...

and check out the amount of chipboard!
Geez...


Color therapy time.
You might have noticed how much I enjoy making mosaics from great Flickr photos.
Here's one in aqua and brown.

1. Aqua Brown - Sweet Dot Outfit Set, 2. Sybil Bag, 3. tv tray with candies, pouch, cookie, buttons, pompoms, 4. Aqua Shower, 5. gorgeous beauty blue & brown, 6. wool - brown and aqua, 7. lovely friends 5, 8. 0612 aqua and brown revisited (for a quilt), 9. Hair Clips in Aqua & Brown Floral, 10. blue feather flower, 11. buttons, 12. JULIE Quilted Shoulder Bag - Chocolate Brown & Aqua Blue, 13. aqua & brown swap, 14. fabrics, 15. Aqua Crepe Paper, 16. Quilt top - Aqua and Chocolate D9P, 17. JULY SWAP 1, 18. Cupcake, 19. LEISURE SUIT- Hand Painted Superwash Sock Yarn, 20. zipper back, 21. swap elephant, 22. brown aqua apron dots 2, 23. Tent Decoration - Aqua and Brown 4, 24. The little bear has a new bag!, 25. Shingles & Blue

I think these will be the colors in the next scrapbooking workshop that will be on Thursday March 13 at 17.00.
I know just the Chatterbox papers for this...
Now to just think up what to make.. stay tuned, I'll come up with something still this week.

This year I'm taking part in a dollhouse/miniature birthday swap. That meant that for by b-day yesterday (a fabulous 39, thankyou very much) I had a BUNCH of envelopes filled with fun things. You can see pictures here on my dollhouse blog (text in Finnish only... sorry).

Tomorrow I'm getting my hair done and sending the kiddos off to my in-laws. Then I'm taking the afternoon off to wander around downtown. But tonight... I might entertain you with a few more Flickr mosaics... I find them so inspiring.
Hope you do too.

1 comment:

  1. happy belated day susanna! :) i hope it was splendid. :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)