Friday, February 01, 2008

Oooppsss...

There went January.

It really is February.
And you know what I did today?
Well, besides being bored out of my mind for the second day running as I'm home sick... you know you can only watch so much tv..? Who knew?
So.. I pulled the plug.
Yes.

I killed the Christmas lights outside.

I tend to leave them on in January as it is just so darn dark around here.
I was reading in the newspaper that we got a total of 23 HOURS of sunshine in the entire MONTH of december!
Light deprivation, indeed.

Ands if I hadn't been suffering from a fever induced headache yesterday, I might even have written some meaningful post about how time flies. Yesterday was the first anniversary of my Mom's passing. I don't know where the year went. Today is her nameday and I think just because of that I'll be making some of these today. Mmmm...
Ok, so that wasn't the meaningful post I had planned in my head.. but oh well.
*grin*

So in my last post I mentioned we were in for some snow the next day.
This is what that next day looked like:


Lots of very wet snow.

Niina loved it. She was building snowmen while I sweated it.

Teeny wipers on those glasses would've been nice.

So after the shoveling I needed some of this:

Naturally it all turned in to rain later that night.
We got some more snow this Wednesday, that also turned into rain.
And incidentally it is snowing right now. But not a lot. All in all there's barely enough on the ground to cover the grass. Maybe 2cm.

Last weekend was all about Niina's birthday parties.
Yes, parties.
Two.

I made teeny tiny cupcakes.

This was the year it was ALL about the presents. In fact we even had a talk about that on the crowded bus (I'm sure they were all listening in) as Niina was upset that one of her friends wouldn't be able to come. She was most upset because this meant she would not be getting a present from her.
So we had a little chat.
While presents are great, friends mean more.
Tough lesson to learn.

Now why does Mika take photos like this of me?

According to him, that's what I look like.
Gee, thanks hon.
Did he snap anoher frame after realizing this one was.. well... less than flattering?
Nope.
Sigh.

Niina doesn't like cake so we had ice cream.


I'm glad I survived the two parties. It can get tiring.
And yes, she really did try regarding the presents.

Oh hey, I've been meaning to show you this:


I'm hoping it makes finding my knitting needles a bit easier.
Need to sew another one for the different knitting needles. Not to mention all the crochet hooks I have hanging around.

And then for some stuff in Finnish :)

Skräppäily sessio on ensi torstaina, 7.2.08 klo 17 eteenpäin, paikka on Helsingin Meilahdessa.
Vielä mahtuu mukaan pari innokasta.
Laita viestiä susanna.tunturi miukumauku dlc.fi (korvaa miukumauku @ merkillä ja poista välit) niin laitan tarkempaa tietoa.

Tarkoitus on tehdä (jos ei ihan valmiiksi niin ainakin hyvälle alulle) minialbumi.
Kuvassa näkyy osa materiaaleista. Ihania Basic Greyn papereita, Priman herkkääkin herkempiä paperikukkasia, samettinauhaa...
Mulla jo sormet syyhyää... eikun mallia tekemään.. heippa!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your life in such a funny way! I love the way you write. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)