Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I love mail

Especially really exciting can't wait to tear the package open kind of mail.
I got one of those boxes on Monday.
All the way from California.
From my sweet friend Suzanne.
{hugs}

I picked up the box from the post office on my way to a camp school meeting. (one of those days that I leave the school after work, head home, fix dinner and head right back to the school again.. ugh)
So that lovely package sat patiently waiting for me in the car while I slightly impatiently waited for the meeting to be over.
And then very impatiently drove home.

Finally, once I had kicked off my shoes, I tore that box open on the kitchen floor.
Didn't even make it to the table.

Ooooohhhh.....
A box filled with California.

I'm saving the chocolates for the weekend.
The Sun Maid raisin boxes completely cracked me up.
I had just bought some from the store the previous week :)
Those travel in my purse.

Mika was enjoying the magazines.
He found some nice ocean front property for a mere $36,000,000...
I knew the cost of living in CA was high... but really... heheheee...

This is soooo cute.
Look, it's teeny tiny Mickeys!


Both the big S and that jewelry above are this lovely shade of aquamarine.

It's just so pretty.
Sigh.

Wanna see something fun?

Yup.
My name is on there.
Love the American style capital S.
I'll be the envy of all other mice in the 'hood.
*grin*

There should have been someone taking a photo of me taking a photo of the back of my head.
Contortionist I am not.
I nearly dislocated my shoulder.

And yes, I did bake some of those Runeberg tortes.

Yummy.

You Americans might have had your Super Tuesday/Mardi Gras/Fat Tuesday, but we also had a double whammy holiday.
Runeberg Day (our national poet) and Laskiaistiistai (well.. not really Mardi Gras, no parades here, but the same basic idea, a day to have fun and eat lots of calories as you start the 7 week wait for Easter).

Now for us, there is Runeberg tortes for 5th of February and laskiaispulla, a sweet sugar topped bun cut in half and filled with strawberry jam and whipped cream, and sledding for laskiaistiistai. This year they were the on the same day.
Two delicacies tied to a certain day.
Needless to say as there was hardly any snow, sledding was out of the picture.
But I did have one of each of the goodies.

It's pretty much a civic duty, right?
Just as important as voting.
Heh.

And it's not like these two holidays will coincide during my lifetime again.
Next time is in about 150 years.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy mail, yummy bakery. You want snow come to Chicago! Snow last Friday - 8 inches; snow last Sunday 4 inches; snow today...3ish and still counting.

    Congrats on such a happy mail day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a neat package full of goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)