Saturday, September 20, 2008

Just finished some homework

On ethics and morals.
Yawn...
Next week it'll be law.
Double yawn.
This is all for the night school so I can be a afternoon club supervisor.

I took my camera with me the other week so I can show you the views I have every Wednesday.
Once I hop off the tram I head down this lovely walk.

See the church peeking through the trees?
That's where I'm heading.

I'm right by the sea :)

Time to cross the street because..

..the view is so much nicer on this side.

Plus the traffic is hidden :)

The Finlandia House all white and pretty.

OK, time to get up these steps.

And walk right by the railroad for a couple minutes.

My school is the red brick building you can faintly see on this side of the street ahead.

That was at 4.15pm.

This is my walk back at 8.30pm.
Same stretch of railroad.

The view across the water in the dark.

The lit Finlandia House. Sorry about the bad photos.. I had my point and shoot.

Cross the street again.

Then I turn in another direction because my bus stop is not where the tram stop was.
I was wondering about the bright lights reflecting on the building ahead.

The parking lot was filled to the brim too...

Oooohhh yes... the Finland-Germany football match (that's soccer to you you stateside folks) was being played at the Olympic Stadium. It ended in a 1-1 tie, which to us is equivalent of winning seeing that we are not a big football country.

If you are drunk and disorderly in town the police will quite likely drop you off to sober up in this jail ;)

The Finnish hamburger chain.

My bus stop is right round the corner.

I have to admit this night school is tiring. Makes for extremely long Wednesdays. But it's all about attitude isn't it?
So far so good.

2 comments:

  1. It is hard, exhausting, overwhelming maybe even.. but keep it up, you can do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep it up...it's so worth it! No one can ever take it away from you. Oh I'd love to be back there taking that walk with you seeing the sights. PS did you ever check hotmail?

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)