Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Thank you.

Thank you so much for all your well wishes and hugs.
They are all very appreciated.

Last week was a blur.
I took my mom to the ER on Wednesday and that was when we heard results on her tests. She has cancer which has spread. They are starting her with meds this week, now that her acute problem has been taken care of. She is in a positive mood which is good.
As for myself, I really really really am OK.
I'm one of those lucky people who doesn't have a panic button. My bro is the same way. We are both here for her and will share duties once my mom gets home from the hospital.
But we have also made a promise that it won't and can't take over our entire lives.

Naturally I got a massive headcold last week also (in fact I was sick when I drove my mom to the ER). I spent most of the week in my jammies on the couch under a blanket (or two) watching the Olympics (good to have them on the same time zone LOL).
I did manage to take a couple shots though.


This is what happens when you have a 5 year old hairdresser-wannabe in the house...

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:19 PM

    ah girl! Hugs!!!! That sounds like *such* a Finnish statement about not having a panic button. ;) I so completely understand....I can so relate. Life happens, and we must continue to plug along as best as we can, making some adjustments, and adding some prayers. hugs to you and yours, and take care of YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:43 PM

    P&PT for your mom to kick this things's butt!

    I just love the teddy bear!

    Hope that you feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:38 PM

    ok just a little observation.... isn't it like FREEZING there? What is Niina doing in a tank top when you are under blankets?? LOL... trying to bring a smile to your pretty face with all those snot rags and sniffles. I keep missing you! Our schedules need to remesh!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you're ok and Mom's got a positive outlook. I've got to tell you that is one stylish bear. Love Niina's headband...she looks so tres chic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to hear you are are are ok..
    I just love that beaer it looks so soft and the hair do is fab love the bandana to.

    Love to your mum abd agree with slammie hope she kicks this things butt . . we need a tshirt from Cole Cancer sucks..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:08 AM

    Glad to hear your mom is out of the hospital. I hope her outlook remains positive. I think that that is half the battle.

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)