Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Holy cheese Batman!


I could only eat half of this pizza.
It was a Quattro Formaggio (four cheese) and I hadn't thought it would be quite this cheesy.
Very filling.
And so very good.

My mom took Saara to Tallinn, Estonia for the day yesterday.
So we thought the three of us should go some place fun.
We decided on a 90 minute drive to the southern-most tip of Finland to the city of Hanko.
A quiet town that bursts alive in the summer.
We ate at a place called Pirate Restaurant at the eastern harbor marina.

The marina holds many chilhood summer memories for me as we stopped there nearly every summer while sailing. The smell of the salt, the clicking of the masts... love it there.

That's us on the pier.


This is quite possibly my fave shot of the day.
The sky is so beautiful.

A lovely day.

We then walked the 'beach boulevard' to get some much needed ice cream to eat at the beach.


They have some very beautiful old, turn of the previous century old, villas here. Most of them operate as summer hotels.

I'm partial to this one.
Villa d'Angleterre.
It's huge.
Filled with big windows, balconies here and there and a gorgeous view of the sea.
My dream summer house.


And for those of you wondering if I edit my pics much..
This is a good example.
I love Photoshop.
*grin*

(and this is the moment I thought I had put my lens cap in my purse, but had dropped it. Luckily it was half sticking out of the sand an hour later when I came looking for it)

4 comments:

  1. Suski, I cannot thank you enough for your blog! I so live vicariously through you; I miss Finland so badly. I thought at first YOU went to Tallinn and was very anxious for pix so I could reminesce (sp?) about my past visits there, but now with the pix of Hanko, you've introduced me to a new place I must visit next summer! Just lovely. Shanks for sharing sweets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely day. The pics are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:38 PM

    your photos make me think i really need to include finland on my list of places to someday visit.

    that pizza makes me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmmmmmh yummie pizza ! And lovely pics especially the villa's! I've never been to Finland but should visit someday... grts, D@nielle

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)