Thursday, September 07, 2006

1:12 scale renovation project


This is it.
The Glencroft.
I always wanted to build a dollhouse. So one year while visiting the US, I used a 40% off coupon to buy myself this beauty. It appealed to me.
Sure, I could have gone for
The Beacon Hill, but that would have needed a room all its own...
I don't know why I never properly finished it. I have tried.

As you can see, I've had a bad choice of wallpaper upstairs that had to be ripped off.
Also the paper parquet in the livingroom was a bad idea. I'll be building a plank wood floor out of jumbo size ice cream sticks.
And I'm trying out that tan color for the kitchen wall...

I tiled the fireplace floor last night.

And got grass growing on the front yard. Next up, painting the picket fence.

These two are wondering why the front door knob is on the bathroom floor...

Scrap-related product in use. I realized I could get a stucco finish with some modeling paste and a stipple brush! Middle of the night lightbulb idea :o)

The owner of the house, the disorder is just too much for her.
Luckily she has family nextdoor.


This is Saara's dollhouse,
The Orchid.

I'll leave you with this comic from my newspaper this morning... I got the giggles.

-Umm...dad?
-What Jaana?
-When you've finished uploading your dinosaur blog, would you help get my horse from the tub?
-mmm..sure. But how did it...
-It's called a NEWSPAPER!!!!
-whatever..

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:05 PM

    Vau, ihanat nukkekodit!!! Tahtoo nähdä remontin jälkeen:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now see my dream dollhouse would have been the McKinley or the Arthur. Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:41 PM

    i want. i think i need a dollhouse to satisfy my need to redecorate everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is wonderful!!

    I have a dollhouse in a box. You are making me want to get it out and DO IT!!

    with some pizza and red wine and two languages of course! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dollhouse project looks like fun. Can't wait to see it when it is all finished!!

    ps-Dinosaur blog! Ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)