I'm sick with a cold so I can't do much...
Thinking how innocent the world still was five years ago at 3pm my time. It took just one and a half hours more to change.
9/11 is the Kennedy assasination of our generation.
The 'where were you when?'
I was at home with the kids.
I turned the tv on at 5pm for the kiddie programs. They never interrupt those here. It's a sacred 45 minutes.
The news come on after them.
I was feeding Niina in the kitchen when the news anchor talked about the attack. I thought I must have misheard it.
Went into the living room and froze there just staring at the images.
The evil minds of people never seize to amaze me.
They can't assume of getting sympathy from attacks like these, can they?
Last night I watched a BBC/HBO documentary about the terrorist attack in Beslan. Just two years ago terrorists held over a 1000 people hostage in a school in Russia for three days. Women and children mostly. The few men were rounded up and shot the first day. In the end, 344 civilians dies, 186 of them being children.
This one made me sick to my stomach.
The documentary was very powerful. No narrator. Just the children who survived the hell talking about what happened. One of them said they aren't kids anymore, they all grew up that day. The once happy city is now a sad shadow of its past.
So many sad events in the past five years.
The Madrid train bombs.
The Moscow theater gas attack.
Beslan.
London subway and bus bombs.
It all makes me even more grateful to live this far north, in a country not all people can even place on a map.
No tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanos.
For now, I feel safe.
Even if my mind is restless.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Oh do tell :)