Friday, October 06, 2006

It's friday? Really?

Where did the week go?

(Thanks Sharyn for reminding me I have a neglected blog)

Yes, I have been busy working on Saara's dollhouse. Re-glueing, wallpapering, painting. Takes surprisingly long as you always have to step away to let stuff dry. But one more wall to wallpaper and one wall to re-attach and it's done.
Except for the floors, but that can wait a few days.

Here are a few shots of this project.


...weighing down a warped floor while the glue dried...

I'm also looking at the possibility of ordering Niina's dollhouse online. The cost could be the same and the house so much cuter.
Or how do you like this one?


It's two kits. I think it looks adorable. Plus it is easy to build. Plus it's from the same manufacturer as the two we already have.

I've been spending time offline this week as my shoulders were getting pretty sore again. I got a massage yesterday, mmmmm.... My nordic walking routine got screwed when I was sick and I spent too much time on the computer. Not a good equasion.

I also visited an interesting place this week,
the new mormon temple. They had two weeks of open house. So we went. Simply out of curiosity. One of my favorite religion class subjects was other religions, it never hurts to know a bit more. I had no idea what a mormon temple would look like, I found the visit informative. Even being the atheist I am. Knowledge is a good thing. Besides the temple was beautiful.

Not much going on here...
Planning Halloween costumes (the girls have a party at school).
One more week of school before fall break.
Still unseasonally warm.
I haven't scrapped all week.
But I did get a box yesterday... filled with new stuff.
So maybe...just maybe I could get something done this weekend.

That and raking.
It really is fall.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:47 AM

    love the house for niina. i've always wanted a life size house with a wrap around veranda like that.

    my second year of university i took a buddhist religion class. totally interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)