Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday? Really?

Where did yesterday go?
I didn't have time to even come change the banner, LOL.

Today was Saara's Christmas Party.
A big musical production called "A Moose on the Loose".
Oh was it ever good.

The storyline:
One of Santa's reindeer is kidnapped by The Bad Guys (aka Jeti, Bigfoot and the Abominable Snowman). As ransom, they want all of Santa's toys. Morris the Moose leaves the petting zoo to go help. On the way he meets up with some geese, wolves and polarbears who help him defeat The Bad Guys and free Dancer.
And Christmas is saved.
Hurray.

The make-up and costumes were fabulous.

Here are the geese, wolves and polarbears.

And here, The Bad Guys.

Second from the left is Saara.
Yes, really.
I did not recognize her when she got on stage.
She was Bigfoot with the accent of a New Jersey made man.
It was awesome.
And soooooooooooooooooooooooo funny.

Real mobster attitude.

My arm itches.
I had some acupuncture treatment on it...

See all the red dots?
That's what happens when you rig lights to a very nice Christmas tree.

It waits for the decorations.
In just a bit.
I need to go eat a cookie first.

Ummm... I meant an apple...yeah...that's it... two apples in fact..
;o)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:17 AM

    i'm happy you found a tree!

    and saara's concert sounds fun! i didn't recognize her in either picture! i wouldnt have known it was her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like you have an actress on your hands! She looks amazing!

    I love your tree. Ours looks like a "finnish" tree this year so Iiro is happy. I guess that means more "natural" and not as pruned and perfect. I call it funky.

    Looking forward to your next blog update...come on now. It's Friday! And has been in Suomi for some time. Hint hint.

    :)

    Oh...Sophie did a presentation at school about Iiro coming to America from Finland. They were supposed to decorate a suitcase and put things in it from that country. Well we has extra black Marimekko Unikko fabric and covered the shoebox with that. It looks very hip. I brought Panda licorice for the kids to try. Some did like it! I wish I had salmiakki. That would've been funny. The kids loved Sophie's playhouse her Pappa made. The class was very impressed with Sophie and Finland!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)