Thursday, January 18, 2007

Invites, porch railings and a bear

I've just spent a good hour+ making Niina's b-day invites.
The invitation turned out so cute!

I used digital elements from the 2Peas january free kit by rock star Tia :o)
Thanks Tia!!! Your stuff is always so FUN.
This is about as digital as I get.
I love my paper and scissors too much.

I've also spent considerable time yesterday and will have to put some time in today painting the porch railings and trim on Niina's dollhouse.
OY.
And while waiting for paint to dry I'm gluing on rows of shingles.
Double OY.
But I can't help but enjoying the whole process.
I'll try to get some photos up tomorrow.

The bear.
Proofed some photos today too and came across these taken on dec 26th.

This concrete bear used to live at my great aunt's apartment. When she passed away in 1982, the bear moved to our house. His former owner being my dad's god mother.
Us kids loved this bear.
He was just the perfect size to sit on.
Read.
Imagine.
Daydream.
Watch tv.
And sturdy enough too. This bear weighs A LOT.

He now resides at my dad's house.
But he's still very loved and fought over.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:23 PM

    love the invitation! and the bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bear. Love that story seems like there are certain things at special relatives that always bring back memories.

    Digital...you would rawk at digital!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)