Sunday, June 17, 2007

circa 1975


That's me being coy at my uncle's wedding.
Cute outfit, eh?

Fast forward thirty odd years...

I found the outfit while cleaning my mom's house.
And it's just the right size for Niina.
She really wanted to try it on.
Still cute.

Only...

...then she realized you could see her undies through the lace!
Now I wonder why that never bothered me?
I guess it simply wasn't an issue during the decade of real short mini skirts.

Because if you look closely at the photos, you'll realize the hem is in fact shorter on me...
My mom must have crocheted a few extra flowers to the length!

3 comments:

  1. Those photos are adorable. I'm glad you found the dress and it was still a size that was wearable for Niina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:35 PM

    haha i was thinking that dress looked quite short on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:40 AM

    I noticed the hem length! What a kick! And it looked like you might have had a slip??

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)