Thursday, June 28, 2007

I love the seaside


And I love rocks like these, warmed by the sun..

...so smooth under your bare feet.

Next to a tiny beach.

A place where two girls can go exploring all day long.

Where you can see small lizards (=sisilisko)...

...and a skin shed by the only poisonous snake we have around here.

A place where the dog is happiest in the water...

..and the swan family shows off their young ones.

We tracked this airplane in the sky many times because...

...of the parachuters.

So where were we?
At a summer cabin on a small island close to the city of Hanko.
It was lovely.
The weather was beautiful.
I even got tanlines from two days in a bikini.
And the girls?
They spent much of their time in the water:



SPLASH!
*grin*

They collected rocks

while I admired them up close and personal.

We also drove out to the city for some ice cream and a little walk.


What? You thought we left him out?



We found a cool long slide.


I love retro signs...

Tawny dear, this one is just for you!
It's the movie theatre.
Reminded me of that one in downtown Olympia we used to go to.

We also visited this lovely cafe.



Now these are tables that won't be blown away in a storm...

Now we are back home to rainy weather and loads of laundry.
Sweet real life.
Ha.

I do need to go take a few photos today though and get some items up in my Etsy store.
Update on that latest tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:36 PM

    i love your lake pictures. i'm heading to our cabin tomorrow and i CANNOT WAIT!

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)