Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Let's start with getting organized here...

And by here, I mean Niina's room.
Trying to keep her toys in order gets overwhelming for her.
So, naturally to get thigs organized I had to get everything off the shelves and on the floor.
Sigh.
Make that a double sigh.
Nothing nicer that sitting in the middle of one HUGE mess.

The room also needs new paint on the walls. It would have been convenient to do that while she is gone this week, but alas, the planets did not align...

The biggest problem is this crack in the wall:

It's where the new part of the wall meets the pipestack. It moves.
Plastering over it will not help, it will simply crack again.
Any ideas are welcome...
It is just in a very odd spot.
Oh and that wallpaper border is so outta there!

That's a kid sized walk-in closet :o)
You don't want to know how many times I have banged my head.

The furniture is a mix of modern and french country style. Suprisingly it works.
As you can see I have to go through those drawers as well.
I bought the cute jewelry tree from IKEA this week.
I also want to replace that Pooh clock.

I bought a bunch of those peachy baskets alongside some IKEA boxes.
There are three more baskets. They were 40% off :o)

Got all her pencils and felt pens into colorful IKEA flowerpots. Those will go on the desk.

I'll be pulling out the bed into full length.
The IKEA bag is my trash bag...

The trunk will get a new coat of paint, but the oven (also IKEA) is driving me crazy. It won't keep shut. Pops open with no warning. Haven't they ever heard of magnets???
I'd love to replace it with something like this:

Or this stinkin' cute retro kitchen:

Yes, indeed... Pottery Barn.
Sigh.
I'd go broke.
I guess it's lucky they don't ship overseas...

But still, let's just drool for a moment, shall we?





The washer/dryer and kitchen aid are too cute for words!

*** on a side note: Nina... osaisikohan Jaska tehda tuollaisen valkoisen ihanan hella/tiskipoydan? ;o) ***

Niina wants color in her room.
Originally she wanted the walls painted in rainbow colors, but I talked her out of that idea..
I'll draw in color through the bedding, curtains and rug.
I loved these at Pottery Barn. Have to use these pictures as inspiration.


I found this rug online this week... and it's on sale... with no shipping charges!
Niina LOVES it.
Mika, not so much.. but I keep telling him this isn't his decision to make, he won't be spending much time playing on it.

I think it is delightful.
How can you not love something called Mille Fiori?
(that's Italian for Thousand Flowers)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:02 PM

    i love that jewelry tree! i think i need something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:41 AM

    Okay, so at the local Pottery Barn Kids, you can walk in and play with all that good stuff. Or rather, the kids can while mama shops. The boy or the girl styles.

    Now do you REALLY hate me?

    ReplyDelete

Oh do tell :)